Table of Contents
- One Pot Chicken and Vegetables Skillet (Healthy & Low Carb)
One Pot Chicken and Vegetables Skillet (Healthy & Low Carb)
Greetings, foodies! Today we’re diving into the delectable world of one pot chicken and vegetable skillets. This healthy and low-carb meal is a fantastic option for busy weeknights or lazy weekends when you want something nourishing and delicious without spending hours in the kitchen.
Whether you’re a beginner cook or a seasoned chef, this recipe is sure to delight your taste buds and have you coming back for seconds. Now, let’s take a closer look at what makes this dish so irresistible.
What You’ll Need
- 1 lb (450g) skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 zucchinis, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh parsley for garnish
These simple ingredients come together to create a symphony of flavors that will have your family and friends raving about your culinary skills.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Push the chicken to one side of the skillet and add the garlic, onions, and bell peppers.
- Cook for another 3-4 minutes, until the vegetables are slightly softened.
- Add the zucchinis, paprika, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Cover the skillet and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Voila! Your one pot chicken and vegetable skillet is ready to be devoured. The vibrant colors and mouthwatering aroma will make it hard to resist digging in right away.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use different vegetables in this recipe?
A: Absolutely! Feel free to swap in your favorite vegetables or use whatever you have on hand. Mushrooms, broccoli, and asparagus are all wonderful additions to this dish.
Q: Is it possible to make this recipe with bone-in chicken?
A: Yes, you can definitely use bone-in chicken pieces. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure the chicken is fully cooked.
Q: What can I serve with the one pot chicken and vegetable skillet?
A: This dish pairs beautifully with a side of fluffy quinoa, couscous, or a simple green salad. You can also enjoy it on its own for a satisfying low-carb meal.
Q: How long can the leftovers be stored?
A: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Simply reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop for a quick and easy meal.
We hope you enjoy making and savoring this amazing one pot chicken and vegetable skillet. Happy cooking!