Gen Zers are currently shaping the travel industry in an unexpected way – through their fascination with TV shows and movies. With the popularity of TV shows like “The White Lotus,” millennials and Gen Zers are increasingly basing their travel plans on the locations featured in these programs. More and more people are choosing their vacation destinations based on the settings of their favorite TV shows and movies, demonstrating a new trend that is influencing the travel industry in a significant way.
Table of Contents
- The White Lotus Effect
- Popularity of Set-Jetting
- The Impact on Travel Industry
- Key Trends in 2023
- Frequently Asked Questions
The White Lotus Effect
The White Lotus, a hit TV series that premiered in 2021, has contributed to a major shift in how people are choosing their vacation spots. The show, set in a luxurious resort in Hawaii, has sparked a new trend dubbed “set-jetting,” where travelers consider the filming locations of popular TV shows and movies when planning their trips. This trend has been particularly notable among the younger demographic, with Gen Z and millennials taking a more significant interest in basing their travel plans on their favorite on-screen destinations.
Popularity of Set-Jetting
Several studies and reports have reinforced the idea that the younger generation’s travel plans are increasingly influenced by the entertainment they consume. Here are some key insights and findings:
- According to a report by Bloomberg, a new study indicates that travelers are being inspired by TV and movies at an increasing rate when planning their travel.
- Another study revealed that 70% of Gen Z and millennials have been motivated to take a vacation based on binge-watching TV shows.
- MarketCast, a leading research firm, has pointed out that set-jetting is a growing trend among Gen Z and millennials, with destination decisions being made based on their favorite TV shows and Hollywood films.
The Impact on Travel Industry
The shift towards set-jetting and the influence of TV shows and movies on travel plans have not gone unnoticed by the travel industry. Hotels and resorts featured in popular TV shows and movies have seen increased interest from potential travelers, with tourists showing a preference for destinations they have seen on television. The influence of entertainment on travel choices is changing the landscape of the industry, and businesses are taking notice by leveraging this trend in their marketing and promotional efforts.
Key Trends in 2023
As we move further into 2023, the travel industry is seeing a number of trends emerge, and the impact of set-jetting is undeniable. Some of the latest travel trends among Gen Z and millennials include:
- Inclination towards all-inclusive resorts
- Preference for food-themed destinations
- Increased interest in unconventional accommodations
- Desire for personalized and immersive travel experiences
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How is set-jetting impacting the travel industry?
Set-jetting, the practice of making travel destination decisions based on favorite TV shows and Hollywood films, is significantly influencing the travel industry. More and more travelers, particularly from the Gen Z and millennial demographics, are choosing vacation spots based on the locations featured in popular TV shows and movies.
2. What is the “White Lotus effect” and how is it contributing to this trend?
The “White Lotus effect” refers to the influence of TV shows like “The White Lotus” on travel trends. This hit series, set in a luxurious resort in Hawaii, has sparked the trend of set-jetting where travelers consider the filming locations of popular TV shows and movies when planning their trips. The show has played a significant role in encouraging travelers to base their travel plans on their favorite on-screen destinations.
3. How are hotels and resorts featured in TV shows and movies benefiting from this trend?
Hotels and resorts that are prominently featured in popular TV shows and movies are experiencing increased interest from potential travelers. Tourists are showing a preference for destinations they have seen on television, indicating the significant influence of entertainment on travel choices. Businesses in the travel industry are leveraging this trend in their marketing and promotional efforts to attract more visitors.
4. What are some of the latest travel trends among Gen Z and millennials in 2023?
Some of the latest travel trends among Gen Z and millennials in 2023 include a growing inclination towards all-inclusive resorts, a preference for food-themed destinations, an increased interest in unconventional accommodations, and a desire for personalized and immersive travel experiences. These trends reflect the evolving preferences of the younger generation when it comes to travel.