Garlic Pork Chops in Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Welcome to Whisper of Yum, where we bring you delicious recipes that are easy to make and sure to please your taste buds! Today, we’re going to dive into the mouth-watering world of Garlic Pork Chops in Creamy Mushroom Sauce. This dish is a perfect combination of savory flavors that will leave you wanting more!
Before we go any further, let’s talk about the ingredients you’ll need to make this delectable dish:
- 1 cup sliced brown mushrooms
- 4-5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3/4 cup of beef broth
- 4 pork chops
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Now that we have our ingredients, let’s get cooking! Here’s how to make these delicious Garlic Pork Chops in Creamy Mushroom Sauce:
1. Start by seasoning the pork chops with salt, pepper, and paprika. In a large skillet, heat some olive oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the pork chops to the skillet and cook them for about 3-5 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and cooked through. Once the pork chops are done, remove them from the skillet and set them aside.
2. In the same skillet, add a bit more olive oil if needed, then add the sliced mushrooms and cook them until they are soft and golden. Add the crushed garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
3. Pour in the beef broth, and let it cook for a few minutes until it starts to reduce slightly. Then, stir in the heavy cream, fresh parsley, and thyme. Let the sauce simmer for a few minutes until it thickens slightly.
4. Once the sauce has thickened, return the pork chops to the skillet. Spoon the creamy mushroom sauce over the pork chops and sprinkle the grated parmesan cheese on top. Let the pork chops simmer in the sauce for a few minutes until they are heated through and the cheese has melted.
5. When everything is heated through and ready to go, serve the pork chops with creamy mushroom sauce over a bed of rice or pasta, or with your favorite side dishes. Sprinkle with additional parsley if desired and enjoy!
There you have it – a simple and delicious recipe for Garlic Pork Chops in Creamy Mushroom Sauce. Feel free to add your own twist to the recipe by adding extra herbs, spices, or your favorite ingredients. This dish is perfect for a cozy night in with family or for entertaining guests. Either way, it’s sure to be a hit!
For more inspiration and recipe variations, check out the links above to explore more recipes for Garlic Pork Chops in Creamy Mushroom Sauce. You’ll find a variety of ways to customize this dish and make it your own!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use a different type of meat with this recipe?
A: Absolutely! While this recipe calls for pork chops, you can easily substitute chicken breasts, steak, or even tofu for a vegetarian option. Just adjust the cooking time as needed for different types of meat.
Q: Can I make this dish ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can prepare the sauce ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for a day or two. When you’re ready to serve the dish, simply reheat the sauce and pork chops in a skillet until everything is heated through.
Q: What can I serve with this dish?
A: Garlic Pork Chops in Creamy Mushroom Sauce pairs well with a variety of side dishes, including mashed potatoes, rice, pasta, or roasted vegetables. Feel free to get creative with your side dishes to complement the flavors of the main course!
Q: Can I freeze leftovers?
A: Yes, you can freeze any leftover pork chops and creamy mushroom sauce in an airtight container for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to enjoy the leftovers, simply thaw them in the refrigerator and reheat them in a skillet or the microwave.
That’s all for now, folks! We hope you enjoy making and eating this delicious Garlic Pork Chops in Creamy Mushroom Sauce recipe. Until next time, happy cooking!