Table of Contents
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Can I use regular potatoes instead of sweet potatoes for this recipe?
- Q: Can I prepare the sweet potatoes in advance and bake them later?
- Q: Is it necessary to peel the sweet potatoes before roasting them?
- Q: Can I make this recipe dairy-free by omitting the Parmesan cheese?
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Are you tired of making the same old roasted sweet potatoes? Do you want to jazz up your side dish game with something new and exciting? Look no further! This Garlic Parmesan Roasted Sweet Potatoes recipe is here to save the day. It’s the perfect combination of sweet, savory, and cheesy, making it an instant crowd-pleaser at any meal. So, let’s dive right in and learn how to make this delicious side dish.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, washed (peeling is optional)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into thin slices.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter, minced garlic, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and thyme leaves.
- Add the sliced sweet potatoes to the bowl and toss until they are evenly coated with the mixture.
- Transfer the sweet potatoes to a baking sheet and spread them out in a single layer.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender and the edges are crispy.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.
These Garlic Parmesan Roasted Sweet Potatoes are the perfect side dish for any occasion. They’re easy to make, bursting with flavor, and guaranteed to be a hit with friends and family. So, what are you waiting for? Head to the kitchen and give this recipe a try today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use regular potatoes instead of sweet potatoes for this recipe?
A: While this recipe is specifically tailored for sweet potatoes, you can certainly try it with regular potatoes if you prefer. Just keep in mind that the cooking time may need to be adjusted.
Q: Can I prepare the sweet potatoes in advance and bake them later?
A: Yes, you can slice the sweet potatoes and prepare the seasoning mixture ahead of time. Simply store them separately in the refrigerator until you’re ready to bake. Then, toss the sweet potatoes with the mixture and proceed with the baking instructions.
Q: Is it necessary to peel the sweet potatoes before roasting them?
A: The decision to peel the sweet potatoes is entirely up to you. Some people prefer the extra fiber and nutrients that come from leaving the skin on, while others prefer the smooth texture of peeled sweet potatoes. Feel free to choose whatever option works best for your taste and dietary preferences.
Q: Can I make this recipe dairy-free by omitting the Parmesan cheese?
A: Certainly! If you want to make a dairy-free version of this recipe, you can simply omit the Parmesan cheese and use a dairy-free, plant-based butter substitute instead. The sweet potatoes will still have a delicious flavor and crispy texture without the cheese.