Bacon and apple are a classic combination that never fails to delight the taste buds. One way to enjoy this combination is by making an Apple & Bacon Stuffed Pork Loin. It’s a dish that’s both impressive and delicious, making it perfect for special occasions and family gatherings. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or just someone who enjoys cooking at home, this recipe is sure to be a hit. In this blog post, we’ll dive into the details of preparing this delectable dish, and where you can find some great video tutorials to guide you through the process.
Table of Contents
What You’ll Need
- 5 slices smoked bacon, diced
- 1 large shallot, diced
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp brandy or bourbon
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 lbs pork loin, butterflied
- Salt and pepper, to taste
First, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until it’s crispy. Then, add the shallot and cook until it’s soft. Add the spinach and garlic and cook until the spinach is wilted. Pour in the brandy or bourbon and stir, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Finally, add the cranberries, pecans, and sage, and stir until everything is well combined. Season the filling with salt and pepper to taste. Next, lay the pork loin flat on a cutting board and sprinkle it with salt and pepper. Spread the filling evenly over the pork, leaving a small border around the edges. Roll the pork loin up lengthwise and tie it securely with kitchen twine. Season the outside of the pork loin with salt and pepper. Transfer the pork loin to a baking dish and roast it in the oven until it’s cooked through. Let the pork loin rest for a few minutes after it comes out of the oven, then slice it into rounds and serve.
If you’re a visual learner and prefer to have a step-by-step guide in video format, there are several great tutorials available online that can walk you through the process of making Apple & Bacon Stuffed Pork Loin. Here are a few options to consider:
- Tatyana’s Everyday Food offers a detailed video tutorial on their website.
- Natasha’s Kitchen also has a video tutorial for making Stuffed Pork Tenderloin, which is a similar dish.
- D’Artagnan provides a video tutorial specifically for making Pork Loin Stuffed with Apples & Bacon.
1. Can I make this recipe if I don’t have pork loin?
Absolutely! You can still enjoy the delicious flavors of the filling by using pork tenderloin instead of pork loin. The cooking instructions will be similar, but keep in mind that cooking times may vary.
2. Is it possible to make this recipe without using bacon?
Yes, you can definitely modify the recipe to omit the bacon if you prefer. The bacon adds a nice smoky flavor, but the dish will still be delicious without it.
3. Can I prepare the filling in advance and refrigerate it?
Yes, you can make the filling ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use it. Just be sure to let it come to room temperature before stuffing it into the pork loin.
4. What sides go well with Apple & Bacon Stuffed Pork Loin?
This dish pairs well with a variety of sides, such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a simple green salad. The sweet and savory flavors of the pork loin complement a wide range of side dishes.