Table of Contents
Anti-Inflammatory Red Lentil Soup Recipe – Skinny Fit Mama
Welcome back to Skinny Fit Mama! Today, we are going to share with you a delicious and nutritious recipe for an Anti-Inflammatory Red Lentil Soup. This recipe is not only super easy to make, but it is also packed with amazing flavors and wholesome ingredients. If you are looking for a comforting and healthy meal, then look no further because this soup has got you covered.
- 1 cup of red lentils (uncooked & washed)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 medium carrots (chopped)
These are the key ingredients for this amazing soup! They are simple and easy to find, making this recipe accessible to everyone. Let’s dive into the cooking process.
1. In a large pot, heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add the chopped onions and carrots to the pot and cook until they start to soften, which takes about 5 minutes.
3. Once the vegetables are softened, add the red lentils to the pot and pour in 4 cups of vegetable broth. Bring the pot to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and let the soup simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the lentils are tender.
5. Season the soup with salt and pepper according to your taste.
6. Once the soup is ready, serve it hot and enjoy this heartwarming and nutritious meal!
This Anti-Inflammatory Red Lentil Soup is perfect for a cozy night in or to warm you up on a chilly day. It’s not only delicious, but it also offers a plethora of health benefits. Red lentils are a great source of plant-based protein, fiber, and various nutrients, making this soup a perfect addition to your diet.
If you want to try out this amazing recipe, head over to our website to find the full step-by-step instructions. Let us know how you like it and don’t forget to share your creations with us on social media! Enjoy your healthy cooking, and stay tuned for more exciting recipes from Skinny Fit Mama.
Q: Can I freeze the Anti-Inflammatory Red Lentil Soup?
A: Yes, you can definitely freeze this soup. Allow it to cool completely before transferring it to airtight containers or freezer-safe bags. It will last in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Q: Can I use green lentils instead of red lentils for this recipe?
A: While red lentils are ideal for this recipe due to their quick cooking time and softer texture, you can definitely use green lentils. Keep in mind that green lentils may take longer to cook, so adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Q: What are some optional toppings for the Anti-Inflammatory Red Lentil Soup?
A: You can elevate your soup by adding toppings such as a dollop of Greek yogurt, a sprinkle of fresh herbs, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, or a squeeze of lemon juice before serving.
Q: Is this recipe suitable for a vegan or vegetarian diet?
A: Absolutely! This Anti-Inflammatory Red Lentil Soup is completely plant-based and is perfect for those following a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle.