Table of Contents
- 40 Beautiful Wedding Readings for Your Ceremony
- Frequently Asked Questions
40 Beautiful Wedding Readings for Your Ceremony
Weddings are special occasions that celebrate love, commitment, and the joining of two lives. One important aspect of many wedding ceremonies is the inclusion of readings or poems that express the love and partnership between the couple. Whether you’re looking for something traditional, modern, romantic, or light-hearted, there are countless options to choose from. To help you find the perfect wedding reading for your ceremony, we’ve compiled a list of 40 beautiful and inspiring options that you might consider incorporating into your special day.
1. Traditional Wedding Readings
- “Love” by Roy Croft
- “Sonnet 116” by William Shakespeare
- “The Art of Marriage” by Wilferd A. Peterson
- “I Carry Your Heart With Me” by E.E. Cummings
- “1 Corinthians 13:4-8” from the Bible
2. Modern Wedding Readings
- “Union” by Robert Fulghum
- “The Promise” by Heather Berry
- “You Are My Best Friend” by Marcel Proust
- “He’s Not Perfect” by Bob Marley
- “I Like You” by Sandol Stoddard Warburg
3. Romantic Wedding Readings
- “I Will Be Here” by Steven Curtis Chapman
- “He’s Your Lover, My Friend” by Maryann K. Cusimano Love
- “Grow Old With Me” by Robert Browning
- “A Lovely Love Story” by Edward Monkton
- “The Present” by Michael Donaghy
4. Light-Hearted Wedding Readings
- “Union” by Robert Fulghum
- “How Falling in Love is Like Owning a Dog” by Taylor Mali
- “The One” by Jeffrey Zaslow
- “The Velveteen Rabbit” by Margery Williams
- “Oh, the Places You’ll Go” by Dr. Seuss
5. Inspirational Wedding Readings
- “An Irish Blessing” by Traditional
- “A Good Wedding Cake” by Robert Herrick
- “The Key to Love” by Anonymous
- “Blessing for a Marriage” by James Dillet Freeman
- “A Marriage” by Mark Twain
No matter what type of reading you choose, it’s important to select something that resonates with you and your partner, and reflects the love and commitment you share. Whether you’re planning a religious or non-religious ceremony, there are readings that can add a special touch to your wedding day. From classic poems to modern declarations of love, the options are endless.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I choose the right wedding reading?
When choosing a wedding reading, consider your personal style as a couple and what message you want to convey. Think about the tone you want to set for your ceremony, and whether you want something traditional, modern, romantic, or light-hearted.
2. Can we personalize a wedding reading?
Absolutely! Many couples choose to personalize their wedding readings by adding their own vows or sentiments to the text. This can make the reading even more meaningful and special for you and your guests.
3. Should we have more than one wedding reading?
The number of readings you have in your ceremony is entirely up to you. Some couples choose to have multiple readings to showcase different aspects of their relationship, while others opt for a single reading that encompasses their love story.
4. Where can I find the full text of these wedding readings?
The full text of the wedding readings listed in this article can be found online, in poetry books, or on websites dedicated to wedding planning and inspiration. You can also consult with your officiant or wedding planner for suggestions and resources on finding the perfect wedding reading for your ceremony.
5. Can we use a non-traditional wedding reading at our ceremony?
Absolutely! Your wedding day is a celebration of your love and commitment, and you have the freedom to choose a reading that best represents your relationship, regardless of whether it’s traditional or non-traditional. Selecting a non-traditional wedding reading can be a beautiful way to personalize your ceremony and make it a true reflection of your unique love story.