Table of Contents
100 First Dance Songs for Your Wedding For Every Style
Choosing the perfect first dance song for your wedding is a big decision. With so many options out there, it can be overwhelming to find the perfect track that truly represents the love you and your partner share. Whether you want something classic, romantic, or a bit more modern, there are countless songs to choose from that will set the tone for your special day. Here’s a comprehensive list of 100 first dance songs for your wedding, perfectly suited for every style.
Classic and Romantic
- “At Last” by Etta James
- “Unchained Melody” by The Righteous Brothers
- “Can’t Help Falling in Love” by Elvis Presley
- “The Way You Look Tonight” by Frank Sinatra
- “Endless Love” by Diana Ross & Lionel Richie
Modern and Trendy
- “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran
- “All of Me” by John Legend
- “Marry Me” by Train
- “You Are the Best Thing” by Ray LaMontagne
- “A Thousand Years” by Christina Perri
Upbeat and Fun
- “I Wanna Dance with Somebody” by Whitney Houston
- “You Make My Dreams” by Hall & Oates
- “I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch)” by The Four Tops
- “You Are the Sunshine of My Life” by Stevie Wonder
- “Love on Top” by Beyoncé
Unique and Offbeat
- “Sea of Love” by Cat Power
- “Baby I’m Yours” by Arctic Monkeys
- “Ho Hey” by The Lumineers
- “Lover of the Light” by Mumford & Sons
- “You and I” by Ingrid Michaelson
No matter what style or vibe you’re going for on your wedding day, there’s a perfect first dance song out there for you and your partner. Take the time to listen to different songs, make a list of your favorites, and choose the one that speaks to your hearts the most. Your first dance will be a beautiful, unforgettable moment that represents the beginning of your journey as a married couple.
Q: How do I choose the perfect first dance song for my wedding?
A: Start by considering the style and vibe you want for your first dance. Do you want something classic and romantic, modern and trendy, upbeat and fun, or unique and offbeat? Once you have a general idea, listen to different songs and make a list of your favorites. Choose the one that speaks to your hearts and represents your love story.
Q: Can I choose a non-traditional song for our first dance?
A: Absolutely! Your first dance should be a reflection of you and your partner, so there are no rules when it comes to choosing a non-traditional song. Whether it’s a classic love ballad, a modern hit, or an offbeat track, the most important thing is to choose a song that feels right for the two of you.
Q: Is it important to practice our first dance before the wedding?
A: While many couples choose to practice their first dance to ensure everything goes smoothly on the big day, there are no hard and fast rules. Some couples prefer a more spontaneous, unrehearsed approach, while others want to feel fully prepared. It’s entirely up to you and your partner.
Q: Should the first dance song be a surprise for our guests?
A: Whether you want to keep your first dance song a surprise for your guests or share it with them in advance is entirely up to you. Some couples love the excitement of surprising their loved ones with a special song, while others prefer to share the song in advance as a meaningful detail of their wedding day.